Customer Success Architect
Waterloo, Ontario /
Sales & Marketing – Field Engineering - Customer Success /
Neo4j is the leader in graph database technology. As the world’s most widely deployed graph database, we help global brands – including Comcast, NASA, UBS and Volvo – to reveal and predict how people, processes and systems are interrelated. Using this relationships-first approach, applications built using Neo4j tackle connected data challenges such as analytics and artificial intelligence, fraud detection, real-time recommendations and knowledge graphs.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
What You'll Do:
As a Customer Success Architect (CSA) you will serve as a primary technical advisor for assigned accounts. Each CSA teams with Customer Success Managers (CSMs) for their assigned accounts to deliver technical aspects of the customer journey and ensure significant milestones are met in a timely manner.
Our customers trust us to be there when they need expert technical assistance and guidance to ensure they are getting the most value out of Neo4j. A critical part of the CSA role at Neo4j involves ensuring that best practices are followed, specifically around data modeling, Cypher tuning, administration and troubleshooting. There is also some level of troubleshooting technical issues, and of course speaking with customers about their ongoing project needs and questions.
A Customer Success Architect at Neo4j is a well-rounded expert in Neo4j best practices and a trusted technical advisor and advocate for Neo4j’s valued commercial customers.
- Establish, build and maintain positive, trusted relationships at all decision levels within assigned accounts
- Serve as a technical champion within Neo4j for the successful execution of our customers’ enterprise solutions, from initial deployment (definition / design, set-up, testing, launch, and roll out) to on-going production
- Advocate for the customer within Neo4j with respect to customer’s requirements and goals, particularly with Product Management and Product Engineering.
- Maintain an awareness of the customer’s unique implementations and project milestones, and disseminate that knowledge to other resources throughout Neo4j, as needed.
- Utilize this awareness to proactively provide advice and consultation to customers on planned timelines and objectives
- Using data collected throughout the customer journey, work cross-functionally to proactively offer technical and account-related support to customers.
- Act as a key escalation point to help defuse critical issues
- Review data model design and assist Cypher query tuning (SQL for graphs) to address performance needs and expand use cases.
- Efficiently troubleshoot various technical challenges in a variety of cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc) and on premises environments
- Deliver custom onboarding training/bootcamps for assigned accounts as required
- Facilitate technical aspects of QBRs and Center of Excellence programs for assigned accounts
- Provide regular status reports on technical health of the project to internal stakeholders
- Hold regular (weekly/bi-weekly/monthly) scheduled calls with assigned customer accounts to provide guidance and advice on forward-looking plans, as well as understand and provide status and escalations on current open issues
- Educate and promote best practices for leveraging Neo4j Customer Support based on assigned customer’s unique experiences and challenges
- Stay current on Neo4j’s portfolio of products, features, solutions, integrations and overall offerings
- Work closely with Customer Success Managers to ensure high renewal rates and customer satisfaction
- Assume ultimate accountability for the technical success of portfolio customers
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in a customer or account management role
- Strong Customer facing experience with exceptional relationship and trust building skills
- Proficient in controlling customer situations, setting customer expectations appropriately, and creating resolution plans, as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to understand business issues and processes and to articulate the business context of the Neo4j solution
- Excellent interpersonal communications and technical/business writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze time-critical situations, skillfully negotiate and problem-solve
- High level of initiative, energy and ability to work well in a team environment
- Hands-on experience in Java or JVM based technologies, with full life-cycle product implementation experience
- Possess demonstrated proficiency in Linux (primarily) and Windows (secondary) environments (#1 and #2 most common OS’s, respectively).
- Ability to work independently.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering; MBA, or MS in Computer Science highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in an early to mid-stage companyExperience in Relational or NoSQL database technologiesExperience working with globally dispersed teams in US/Europe/APAC
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is among the 20 most popular databases in the world and the clear leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Data Platform category. We’re well funded and have an experienced management team focused on how organizations should apply data to solve challenging problems for decades to come. We have customers in every industry across the globe, and we build technology that has a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to define the future of data, analytics and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
More information at www.neo4j.com.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitments
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Neo4j:
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j's recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.