Sr. Web Developer – Marketing
San Mateo /
Sales & Marketing – Marketing /
Neo4j is the leader in graph database technology. As the world’s most widely deployed graph database, we help global brands – including Comcast, NASA, UBS and Volvo – to reveal and predict how people, processes and systems are interrelated. Using this relationships-first approach, applications built using Neo4j tackle connected data challenges such as analytics and artificial intelligence, fraud detection, real-time recommendations and knowledge graphs. Find out more at neo4j.com.
At Neo4j we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships between people, processes, locations and systems. We created, drive and are at the forefront of innovation in the Graph Database category; and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
This Senior Web Developer role is an integral part of Neo4j’s digital marketing team, and also collaborates with other departments, including engineering, developer relations, and documentation, with the dual missions of lead generation and developer enablement. This is a multi-faceted role which requires a variety of skills such as visual design, copywriting, front-end web development, user experience design, and some back-end development.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, creative, enthusiastic about learning new skills, technologies and tools as needed, and have an excellent ability to prioritize tasks within a framework of well-defined overall goals. They will also have a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and to be a good mentor and co-worker. This candidate has a bias toward getting things done without getting stuck on polishing the perfect solution.
Finally, this candidate will form their own opinions of what needs to be done to fulfill the overall mission and be a strong advocate for those opinions.
- Maintain and update Neo4j.com and our other digital properties
- Code mobile-friendly and SEO optimized web pages from design files in a Wordpress context
- Manage outsourcing of development work to various contractors
- Manage digital projects from scoping/requirements gathering, through sign-off, QA, launch, and ongoing optimization
- Work with engineering, developer relations and partner marketing teams to implement and optimize delivery of new downloads
- Work with developer relations to improve educational and developer enablement experience on the website
- Significant experience in visual design with examples of work
- Good English copywriting skills
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with PHP, Bash scripting and Git
- Experience with analytics and conversion rate optimization tools
- Ability to prioritize and manage various projects and adapt to changing business requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience in enterprise B2B tech marketing, particularly database or SAAS
- Experience working with Marketo, CircleCI, AWS, Mixpanel
- Experience with React
Why Join Neo4j?
We are one of the fastest growing startups in enterprise software in Silicon Valley, and this is an opportunity to lead and develop high-value strategic technology partnering relationships.
For full-time employees we offer competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, generous paid family leave plans, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, weekly activities, company off-sites, happy hours and the list goes on!
Neo4j is a proud equal opportunity employer that fully supports a global mindset and workforce diversity. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, and Germany. For more information, please visit www.neo4j.com.
Our Roots and Culture:
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We aim to hire smart, funny, creative and humble people who possess a lot of heart and drive. We value relationships (just like a graph!) and place trust in our colleagues to meet each day with focus and integrity.
We foster collaboration and intellectually honest discussions for consensus decision making. Every Neo4j employee is empowered to contribute and put one's own innovative stamp on projects.
Most of all, we are fanatical about graphs and creating an experience our users love.
Intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the Privacy Notice Regarding Neo4j's Recruitment Process to understand how the personal data that you provide will be handled.