Data Science Advocate (Remote)
United States /
G&A – Developer Relations /
Neo4j is the leader in graph database technology. As the world’s most widely deployed graph database, we help global brands – including Comcast, NASA, UBS and Volvo – to reveal and predict how people, processes and systems are interrelated. Using this relationships-first approach, applications built using Neo4j tackle connected data challenges such as analytics and artificial intelligence, fraud detection, real-time recommendations and knowledge graphs.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
Graph databases have grown over 1000% in the last ten years. The use of graphs in data science has also seen a strong adoption and growing interest. The problem is, there’s still a large portion of the data science community who is unfamiliar with when, why, and how to use graphs in their data science solutions. This person would be tackling this problem.
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database in the world and the Developer Relations team wants to find someone to help build awareness, knowledge, and understanding around graph data science to the overall data science community.
This role will involve educating data scientists about the new opportunities, creating compelling content, and examples for data scientists who want to get started with the tools and techniques of a graph database.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a background in data science and is comfortable taking projects from ideation, to model building, to communicating with stakeholders.
- Is curious and passionate about and wants to stay on top of all the cool things happening in the data science world.
- Has an interest in graphs and graph theory or is enthusiastic to learn about them.
- Loves teaching people and helping others.
- Can communicate complicated ideas in a simple way, both in written and spoken form.
- A fan of collaboration, especially with different types of tools and technologies. (especially in data-science related architecture).
- Is fluent in either Python and wouldn't be intimidated by having to write a small library to do a Neo4j integration.
- Help the data science and related-communities better understand how, when, and why they should consider graphs. Your approach can be flexible if you find interesting opportunities to do this, but as a guideline, you can expect to:
- Write thought compelling content (blog posts, videos, etc.) showcasing graph data science solutions and how to combine Neo4j with other data science tools.
- Plan ways to collaborate with other types of technologies, tools, alongside graph to make more powerful solutions in data science.
- Work with industry partners / Neo4j users / companies / thought-leaders to help align their graph data science stories with trending topics and push their message to the data science community (advice or sharing opportunities that you discover for awareness).
- Present at industry conferences.
The leading Graph Database Neo4j is extending its capabilities in the data science space with additional functionality for graph data science. Data scientists should be enabled to use contextual connected data to make better predictions and improve the accuracy of their models.
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is among the 20 most popular databases in the world and the clear leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Data Platform category. We’re well funded and have an experienced management team focused on how organizations should apply data to solve challenging problems for decades to come. We have customers in every industry across the globe, and we build technology that has a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to define the future of data, analytics and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
More information at www.neo4j.com.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitments
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Neo4j:
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j's recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.