Coordinator, Physical Production - CEE
Amsterdam, Netherlands /
Streaming – Physical Production Core /
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of Local Language Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are seeking a Physical Production Coordinator to join the Local Language Originals Production Management team, based out of Amsterdam. This position would organize vital production information and workflows with an increasing slate of original shows from pre-production through archive & wrap using internal tools, as well as working closely with our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization, interest in production apps and tools, and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication. The role is not an entry level position. You will be focused on supporting shows that are produced in Poland and Central Eastern Europe with local talent and producers.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources.
- Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for and partner-managed productions.
- Serve as primary production contact through pre-production, production and wrap for Production Management.
- Track and manage writing/development and production schedules along with overall local content slate, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
- Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies from vendor bids.
- Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
- Research and outreach to potential filming locations and studios across Poland.
- Maintain, update, champion the use of our internal systems to track and manage show asset & paperwork delivery to Netflix.
- Update production management “best practices” and refine production guidelines, work with technical teams in training others to use Netflix tools and understand our workflow.
- Work with managers on budget reviews and analysis.
- Serve as the bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
- Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel.
- Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
- At least 5 years of experience in scripted television or feature film physical production within a high volume production company or medium to a high budget studio or network in Poland.
- Candidates will likely be at the Production Manager/Supervisor or Line Producer level outside of Netflix
- Fluent in English and Polish is required.
- Additional languages like German are an advantage.
- Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and crew/creative talent in Poland or Central and Eastern Europe.
- Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery) in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel is preferred
- Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling a plus, but not required and familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes.
- Understanding how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of the current production process and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.