Engineering Manager, Application and Infrastructure Security
Remote, United States /
Streaming – Information Security /
At Netflix we do one thing - entertainment - and we aim to do it really well. To accomplish this goal, we must produce, distribute, and stream content at a massive scale. We have a strong engineering organization that enables us to achieve these business objectives and a unique and creative culture that guides us to operate with “Freedom and Responsibility”. This helps keep engineering velocity high, but also means that our security team needs to operate differently than a traditional security team. Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility to do the right thing for Netflix. Instead of controlling engineers with process and security gates, we enable them to build secure code and provide them with adequate security context to make the right decisions for Netflix.
The Application and Infrastructure Security (AIS) team aims to reduce risk in our engineering ecosystem through strategic security initiatives in high-risk or high-leverage areas. We conduct risk discovery, security strategy development and execution, identification and execution of high impact security initiatives across Netflix applications and infrastructure (e.g. Network security strategy for Netflix corporate infrastructure, Secure Application Gateway for all internal applications).
The AIS team operates across a broad scope and helps guide security investments for our engineering stakeholders. We are looking for a strong engineering leader and people manager for this team to enable our mission and scale this program. You will be responsible for leading and cultivating a world class team of senior security engineers. You will drive the strategy for engineering security investments in close collaboration with key partners with a pragmatic, risk focused approach.
- You are an experienced security leader who believes in risk focused, scalable security approaches.
- You are highly experienced in managing relationships with cross functional partners.
- You are adept at scaling team operations and change management.
- You have experience leading professional services security teams.
- You have a strong technical background across application and infrastructure security domains.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience hiring, coaching and cultivating an excellent team.
- You have experience translating business context to security program strategy and prioritizing investments based on risk.
- You are an empathetic leader who cultivates a culture of psychological safety and inclusivity where team members can do their best work.
- You are a meticulous and responsive cross-team communicator and program leader.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $180,000 - $900,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.