Software Engineer, Full Stack, Workforce Engineering, L4
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Netflix Technology Services /
Netflix is reinventing how the world watches television. Over 220+ million members around the globe enjoy our award-winning movies and TV shows, but most of our growth still lies ahead. The Workforce Engineering team is responsible for building internal solutions to drive employee productivity and efficiency. We are the champions of employee experience and create solutions that make day-to-day activities for employees simple and frictionless. Our mission: Increase employee productivity. Save Netflix time, money, or both.
You are self-motivated and can work independently and partner closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers on a project. You are passionate about building quality products and want to own product development end-to-end, leading with the right design and development principles. You have strong communication and collaboration skills. You are a problem solver and like to challenge yourself with building scalable and high-performing applications.
- Create simple and intuitive full stack web applications
- Design, develop and deploy fully integrated solutions
- Own front-end and back-end development of applications
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Design, build and maintain API infrastructure that allows for modern integration methods between applications and third-party/Netflix services
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, designers, engineers, stakeholders, and vendors on projects
- Communicate technical ideas and work closely with senior members of the team
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience as a full stack web engineer, delivering on time, at quality
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and modern design patterns
- Demonstrable ability to work closely with a team to deliver an end product
- Passion to build internal solutions and own development of enterprise-wide applications
You might have:
- Knowledge of building quality APIs for internal and external products
- Experience integrating internal and third-party services into your solutions
- Some knowledge of cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services
- Experience with SpringBoot, Cassandra, NoSQL, GraphQL
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.