Software Engineer (L4) - Observability
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Productivity Engineering /
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment by producing, distributing, and streaming content at a massive scale. Over 220 million members around the globe are currently enjoying more than two billion hours per month of original series, documentaries and feature films. Visit our long-term view to learn more.
Providing the best and uninterrupted experience to our members is critical. Netflix has one of the world’s biggest cloud footprints with tens of thousands of services and applications in the cloud, millions of customer devices streaming content and petabytes of data movement. Observability engineering provides the platform and suite of products that allows engineers at Netflix to understand how their services are behaving in real-time, detect anomalies in system health, troubleshoot and remediate problems. Our platform processes billions of data points in real-time every minute. The success of our platform and products is crucial to Netflix's success and our ability to operate the Netflix environment.
As a member of the Observability Engineering team, your work will have a direct impact on engineering agility, Netflix's reliability and our customer’s happiness.
What You Will Do
- Design and build system components that can ingest, query and process real-time streams of data
- Design and evolve APIs that will enable best in class user experience for our customers
- Own and drive product features from concept to adoption
- Partner directly with stakeholders and customers to identify opportunities and iterate effectively
- Build APIs and extensibility patterns that make it easy for engineers to interface and integrate with our platform
Who You Are
- You have a bias towards action and are comfortable navigating through ambiguous environments
- Have experience in designing, building and operating scalable, resilient distributed systems and services
- Passionate about building platforms that can be leveraged and extended by other engineers
- Skilled in designing and writing HTTP and GraphQL APIs
- Proficient with Java or other JVM languages
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, allowing you to do your best work and grow. To learn more about Productivity Engineering, feel free to listen to this podcast.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.