Senior Director, Tax Operations
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Tax /
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Tax Operations, reporting to the VP of Global Tax that will be responsible for all aspects of tax operations including tax provision, tax compliance, and sales, use and property tax. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who can collaborate across the business and has a hands-on mentality.
This role is ideally based in Los Gatos, CA, but we can be flexible for someone based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Lead our US Tax Operations team, including tax provision, tax compliance and US indirect tax (compliance and controversy matters).
- Oversee preparation of quarterly income tax provision calculations and projections for all reporting entities and drive preparation of executive deliverables.
- Oversee SOX documentation process.
- Support financial statement audit process.
- Assess income tax accounting implications of transactions, restructurings, and other changes in business operations.
- Manage and review preparation of US and state income tax returns including disclosures.
- Oversee filing of sales & use and property tax filings throughout the US.
- Manage the US withholding tax process and reporting as well as driving process improvement and automation efforts.
- Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation.
- Partner with the planning and policy team to assist on policy matters related to significant US and state tax legislation.
- Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal and external advisers on business, controversy and tax planning matters.
- Manage, lead, coach and develop a team of stunning colleagues in tax operations and our tax team more broadly. Collaborate and build relationships with our regional tax teams.
- 15+ years of experience including public accounting or industry (ideally, technology or entertainment) experience.
- CPA and/or Masters in Taxation preferred but not required.
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to senior management.
- Ability to convey complex tax concepts to non-tax professionals and influence the actions of others with logic and reason.
- Ability to build effective teams, ensure accountability, manage and improve processes and controls, and drive results in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Robust decision-making.
- Ability to work proactively and independently under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high-performance culture built around freedom and responsibility. Learn more about our culture here.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $300,000 - $850,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.