Technical Program Manager (L5) - Product Systems
Remote, United States /
Streaming – User Interface Engineering /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. The Client and UI engineering team drives innovation for Netflix members, non-members, and studio productions. This role is within the Client and UI Engineering organization but will represent teams working on product systems across engineering.
In the role of Technical Program Manager, you will manage engineering investments that enable consumer product innovation. This body of work is focused on the normalization, centralization and deprecation of technologies leveraged by client and infrastructure services.
As TPM, you will partner with dozens of engineering teams to drive a shared roadmap of programs and ensure that the individual investments and technical priorities reflect the overall strategic goals.
- Applying strong technical, organizational and communication skills to devise sound technical approaches to abstract goals
- Contribute to the product systems' vision and strategy towards a north start architecture that reduces impediments to product innovation
- Drive the definition and alignment on a list of top engineering priorities (bi-yearly, annual) that is shared with senior leadership to integrate with product priorities.
- Define and manage milestones for priority projects to meet cross-organizational objectives
- Surface and resolve conflicts in ownership or prioritization across teams and technologies
- Drive quarterly/annual retrospective and planning meetings to set priorities and distill learnings
- Facilitate tracking and communication on the progress of the programs with a focus on unblocking work, converging timelines and enabling accountability
- Software Development, Systems Design, or Software Architecture experience
- Experience in Infrastructure, UI Engineering, or working on SW projects with consumer-facing UI components
- Ability to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches, see various perspectives
- Experience balancing and communicating product vs technology tradeoffs
- Can devise and apply various approaches to the execution of complex initiatives
- Experience identifying and mitigating technical, system, and execution risks
- Can balance strategic and tactical efforts to make tough calls and broadly communicate the decision framework
- Detail-oriented, can identify what’s missing in planning and execution of software development, test, and launch
- Can compose technical specifications and/or wireframes to propose ideas and solutions
- As comfortable speaking technically as speaking non-technically and able to bridge between the two
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.