QA Test Lead - Compatibility, CCQA, Games - Operations
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Games Operations /
Netflix is looking for an experienced Test Lead to join the Netflix Game Studio in delivering the next generation of video games to a worldwide audience.
This role will be involved in building and managing our Compatibility and Compliance (CCQA) team, with a focus on the Compatibility space overseeing our device library, min-spec standards, framework, and overall approach to device compatibility and performance testing for Netflix Games. The successful candidate requires exceptional hands-on experience testing in the Games Compatibility space with a specific focus on Android and iOS.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a real passion for a positive user experience, the ideal candidate will work as an integrated member of a cross-functional team, participating in the design and execution of QA strategies and methods. This position requires the hands-on ability to lead multiple QA Vendors and Senior Test Analysts in the creation and execution of Compatibility tests and test strategies, across multiple projects, ensuring all titles meet business deadlines while upholding the highest levels of quality.
- Hands-on testing, and leading, game compatibility and compliance across the Android/iOS device universe along with other consumer devices
- Lead and manage Sr Analysts, and QA Vendors, towards individual and team excellence
- Project manage and maintain testing schedules for all game titles in your area
- Triaging difficult problems and driving them to resolution
- Own and drive requirements gathering and risk identification
- Working with engineering teams to identify requirements and develop test plans
- Defining test coverage, creating and maintaining test cases, reporting test results, and evaluating readiness to ship throughout the software development lifecycle
- Deep involvement in developing/identifying appropriate tooling and frameworks to support all Compatibility test efforts
- Assess product quality, usability, and device limitations
- Work with partners and stakeholders to utilize and improve our mobile testing lab
- Strategic involvement in identifying and building min-specs, test frameworks, and device coverage
- Participate in release management activities
- Passion for games with a commitment to quality
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in QA
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience leading Compatibility test teams in Games QA
- Minimum 3 years of QA project management experience
- Priority for mobile compatibility experience
- Foundational knowledge of computer processors, memory, graphics, network technologies, and virtual machines
- Proficient in installing and maintaining all supported operating systems
- Exceptional iOS/Android testing experience
- Expert knowledge of technical requirements, tools, and processes
- Experience translating requirements into effective test cases
- Experience with Xcode, using IPAs, and pulling device logs
- Experience utilizing Android Debug Bridge (ADB) for pulling device log, installing builds, etc
- Demonstrated expertise in QA project management over multiple titles, simultaneously
- Experience with GameBench, or other performance testing tools
- Experience with using/building device farms
- Ability to work independently and thrive while focusing on the details, such as; spotting subtle problems, raising issues, and taking ownership of the solution.
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- PC/Web experience or the ability to learn.
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, and TCM tools
- Cloud experience is a plus
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - $500,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.