Director Communications - EMEA
Streaming – Corporate Communications
Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, TV series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our 130 million plus members have control over what they watch, when and where -- with no commercials and at affordable prices.
We’re looking for a creative, strategic, self starter to manage our communications across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You will manage a team of around 15 people across the region and report to our Chief Communications Officer, who is based in Los Angeles.
Our communications team is responsible for raising awareness of Netflix’s brand and enhancing our reputation across the region.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- A track record running a team, ideally for an entertainment or hyper growth company.
- The ability to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom and work well cross functionally -- in particular with our publicity team (which promotes individual titles on Netflix).
- A love of entertainment and storytelling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience running scrappy campaigns that can help change the climate of opinion, including by working with third parties.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
- A deep interest in, and understanding of the European landscape (ideally also the Middle East and Africa).
- To be a risk taker who thrives on decision making and is unafraid to roll up their sleeves to get the work done.
- To have a dislike of hierarchy and bureaucracy but also an understanding that some structure -- as well as the ability to plan -- is needed to run a team.
- Languages are a significant plus.
You will be based in the Netherlands and become a key member of our Amsterdam-based regional leadership team.
Read our culture memo here.