Recruiting Researcher, Legal (EMEA)
Streaming – Talent Acquisition
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment by bringing top-quality global content to virtually every country around the world. As we’ve scaled our programming in EMEA, we’ve seen rapid growth of our business, and as a result, we are constantly looking to bring in high performers to match and propel that growth and expansion.
Our Talent Acquisition team in Amsterdam is on the hunt for an experienced Researcher who will partner with our Legal teams to ensure we’re hiring amazing talent that will drive our success in EMEA. Our legal teams play a key role in our business -- they are the lawyers and legal professionals who negotiate deals for our content, marketing, and corporate transactions, guide our public policy strategy, resolve employment and regulatory issues, and oversee litigation. As our business grows, this legal work likewise continues to expand in scale and complexity.
At Netflix, Talent Acquisition is a high impact and strategic business function with a strong seat at the table. Thus, we need someone who is not only a great Sourcer, but who is highly strategic in their approach and can use research combined with business and market knowledge to influence decision making.
What are we looking for?
A sourcing expert who truly believes in Talent Acquisition as a key business driver. We don’t judge success by recruiting metrics or KPI’s, rather by the relationships you build and how you subsequently build sourcing strategies to find the best talent in the market.
We need someone who can quickly understand our Legal team’s nuanced business needs, and who is comfortable making judgment calls about experience and fit to match those needs. To that end, legal training or experience hiring for top-notch legal or business affairs teams is preferred.
We need someone with experience in an international, highly cross-functional organization who is solution-oriented, and shows curiosity about Netflix’s business and ability to think strategically. Our business is changing and evolving at a rapid pace, so comfort with ambiguity and change is also a must.
Fluency in English is required to be successful in our office, but additional language skills are a huge plus.
What you’ll do:
- Own and drive the sourcing strategy for our Legal teams based in Amsterdam, London, Madrid, and Paris
- Partner directly with in-house recruiters and business leaders to understand specific needs to attract and engage with top talent across multiple EMEA markets. Someone who is highly curious and asks great questions to build their business acumen will be especially successful in the role.
- Strategically utilize Linkedin, online research, events, etc to engage highly passive, sought after candidates
- Develop strong relationships with candidates and make judicious decisions on fit for a particular role or team, in addition to thinking through fit for our unique culture
- Own and juggle multiple requisitions and keep track of both high volume and niche candidate pipelines
- Map out individual markets and gather intelligence around specific industries and talent pools, using that knowledge to engage with top talent
- Be an advocate for continually raising the bar, and ensuring that candidates understand and embrace our unique culture