Counsel, Advertising Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, California /
Streaming – Content Legal /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
The Netflix Advertising Legal team is seeking a talented, passionate and experienced lawyer to support our ad supported offering.
In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with cross functional teams, including Advertising, AdTech, Product, Business and Legal Affairs, Privacy, Public Policy and Product Legal, to perform the following functions: review and negotiate advertising related agreements (such as ad measurement and upfront agreements); advise on advertising product features; advise on ads policies; strategize and propose solutions for sticky legal challenges; and prepare and conduct trainings to help increase legal acumen across our newly formed advertising teams. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of our Advertising legal team to support our growing advertising offering. This role is based in Los Angeles, CA and reports into the Head of Advertising Legal. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative and be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
- The successful candidate will have 4+ years of relevant experience as a lawyer working in advertising (including ad sales). Entertainment experience is a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously and reliably within tight timeframes in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to exercise sound judgment in the absence of perfect information
- Ability to take initiative to identify and solve problems in a business-friendly and solutions-oriented manner
- Ability to think strategically, commercially and practically
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strategic interest and outlook
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Flexibility to work across various projects and teams
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $$80,000 - $325,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.