Software Engineer (L5) - Game Systems
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Edge Engineering /
Bring your passion for games and backend systems to help us achieve our next big objective, to reinvent video games on a global scale. Netflix fundamentally changed how the world watches television, with over 231 million members enjoying award-winning TV series, documentaries, and feature films. Join our team to help pioneer a next-generation video game platform.
About Game Systems
We deliver the product capabilities to enable developers to connect players to games and to one another. Functionality includes cloud saves, leaderboards, achievements, and social features. We design systems to scale to a global audience, owning all phases of the software development lifecycle. From requirements gathering to implementation to deployment and operations.
In this role, success is:
- Leveraging 7-10 years of games platform experience to influence outcomes
- Taking ownership to deliver high quality solutions in ambiguous environments
- Collaborating with senior engineers to influence product and architecture decisions
- Building and extending distributed systems to support new product features
- Operating complex services and troubleshooting cross-functional problems
- Deploying to a cloud environment, while managing risk
- Storing and retrieving information from distributed databases
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.