Senior Android Engineer - Growth & Acquisition
Los Gatos, California
Streaming – User Interface Engineering
UI Engineering builds the user experiences used by current and future Netflix members, as well as the applications used by our internal and external creative partners producing original content. With well over 100 million members and growing, our UIs span thousands of devices and are constantly evolving to help prospective members signup and help active members discover and watch the movies and TV shows they’ll love.
Our team of UI engineers collaborates with designers and product managers to design and build the Netflix non-member sign-up experience across all platforms: mobile, tablet, web and TVs. As mobile usage continues to grow, we’re constantly exploring new ways to connect with new members on Android mobile devices. This is a rapidly expanding area for product innovation as we’ve expanded globally and look to bring in the next 100 million members.
- Here’s a small taste of the interesting challenges and opportunities available across UI Engineering:
- Big impact - you will directly impact a product that tens of millions of customers use every day
- Help us attract new customers and reduce barriers to become Netflix members across the globe.
- Data-driven - we use A/B testing to drive feature and product decisions
- Opportunity to work cross-platform
- Unique culture - we live by our values, learn more about them at jobs.netflix.com/culture
- Self-motivated and high-performing, with a passion for both the business and technology
- Expert-level knowledge of developing and maintaining mobile applications in Android
- Deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Experience with the following Object-Oriented Languages: Kotlin, Java, C++
- Passionate about user experience
- We’re bringing unique stories from around the world to a global audience at a scale never done before
- You’ll work with other experienced, high-performing engineers so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skillset
- You’ll collaborate with product managers and designers, data scientists and algorithm experts, even content executives and content creators, to build exciting new features
- We pay top of market with excellent benefits
- Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily