Security Software Engineer (L5), Security Incident Response Team
Remote, United States /
Streaming – Information Security /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) is responsible for handling information security incidents and crises across the business. SIRT leverages training, liaison and tooling to scale incident response and mitigate a broad range of risks. We proactively use our experience and data to drive and advocate for investments that drive down risk.
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to help maintain and improve our incident orchestration tool Dispatch, to develop tools and solutions for incident management and digital forensics at scale, and to participate in our security incident response program. Additionally, you will be responsible for the operation and support of SIRT’s production tools. As an incident responder, you will apply lessons learned as part of our on-call rotation to improve incident handling and resolution, and utilize your software engineering background to identify points of leverage for automation in our operational work. You will work cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders to expand our incident management tooling for non security domains, and to remediate risks identified during security incidents. This role blends proactive software engineering, and reactive incident response activities with approximately 50% of the time spent in each area.
- Experience with designing, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting applications in production environments in cloud environments
- Familiarity with system design and architecture as well as software development life cycles
- You have experience working with big data platforms and are familiar and comfortable with relational database management systems and their query languages (e.g. SQL)
- You are passionate about building software in the security domain and prepared to spend up to half of your time working in an operational capacity supporting that software and as an incident manager when oncall
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can communicate complex concepts to a broad range of cross-functional partners
- You operate effectively across teams and disciplines in highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for this role is typically $100,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.