Manager, Studio FP&A - Post Production
Los Angeles, California
Streaming – Studio Finance
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Studio Financial Planning & Analysis (SFP&A) team is looking for a Manager to lead the FP&A for the Post Production group. This role will be the primary point person to support Post Production senior management in all budgeting and forecasting related areas. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Studio FP&A group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as to lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform critical business decisions.
This role will be based out of our Hollywood office and be responsible for financial planning and ad hoc analysis for the studio to support strategic decision-making, specifically:
- Managing the near-term and long-term P&L and cash forecasts coordinating activities across multiple Post Production business lines and stakeholder groups
- Preparing guidance and financial update materials for Studio leadership and Corporate FP&A team to identify potential shortfalls or surpluses
- Overseeing resource planning and headcount forecasting for the Post Production teams
- Working with senior Post Production and Studio Strategy leadership to translate strategic initiatives into multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements
- Developing and delivering insightful analyses and presentations to drive strategic decisions
- Providing recommendations on how to adjust future spending to track towards investment goals across teams and geographies
- Preparing dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs
- Developing KPI metrics and dashboards to measure performance and optimize business operations
- Improving workflows to scale with the growth in original productions and the business
- Recruiting and developing a team of high-performing analysts/associates
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and strong, effective communicators. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
- The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers. This person must thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Candidates must have a track record of leading teams and developing talent.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously.
- 10+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis in entertainment, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred
- Experience building and leading teams
- Prior experience in Physical Production, Post Production, VFX or related production activities preferred
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Superior proficiency with Excel & complex financial modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of the related accounting guidance preferred
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics
- MBA and/or CPA preferred