Payroll Specialist - UCAN
Los Angeles, California /
Streaming – Finance Core /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture and long-term view to learn more.
As a Payroll Specialist at Netflix, you will be a vital member of a high-performing global payroll team and will play an integral role in building out world-class payroll systems and processes. The right candidate for this position will be an individual with a natural intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills, and a deep desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. The candidate will flourish in a hands-on role and has a deep desire to constantly evolve and reinvent how they do business. This role will be on-site and based out of our Los Gatos, CA, or Los Angeles, CA offices.
- Process bi-weekly multi-state payroll for US/Canada exempt and non-exempt employees in technical, administrative, and production roles
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, 401(k), statutory and supplemental benefits, etc
- Perform a timely and accurate month-end close process, including account reconciliations and accruals
- Process employee expense reimbursements and related month-end accounting entries
- Management of payroll-related projects, including year-end preparation, maintaining payroll documentation, resolving payroll tax issues, and supporting periodic audits
- Partner with People Technology to drive process improvement projects to streamline and automate manual workflows
- Partner closely with our internal partners (Talent / Employee Services) to provide our employees with a first-class onboarding and payroll experience
- Unconsciously exceed any level of service expectations from our business partners and the employee base we support
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Tax / Accounting (or similar field) preferred
- 5+ years of functional experience with payroll processing and accounting
- Exposure to or experience with studio production payroll theory (both union and non-union) is helpful
- Strong communication skills, written/verbal, and ability to interact with employees at all levels, including upper management
- A supporter of an inclusive and diverse culture without bias against others
- Proven project management experience
- Experience with Workday HCM, Payroll, Time Tracking, ADP SmartCompliance, and the Google Business Suite
- Experience Workday Payroll for processing
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $60,000 - 290,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.