Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Streaming – Data Engineering and Infrastructure
Who are we?
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. The Data Engineering org supports Netflix’s data-driven culture across content, marketing, streaming, product, and finance functions.
The Content Knowledge Graph team is focused on building rich, connected, and easily accessible data about content. This connected data is used across multiple functions, from getting content onto the service to feature development for statistical models. The scope of this team’s work is rapidly growing and there are many opportunities for impacting Netflix’s growing global audience and slate of Originals. We are looking for passionate and talented machine learning engineers who can build advanced data science/machine learning models and make significant improvements to the quality and coverage of our content knowledge graph.
Who are you?
- You are innovative, analytical and base your judgments around data
- You are determined. Ambiguous challenges won’t hold you down
- You believe in fast prototyping and have excellent intuition on when to fail fast
- You have curiosity beyond ML modeling. You are excited about end-to-end aspects of deploying ML models
What will you do?
- Source, wrangle, cleanse and analyze an immense amount of real-world content data in the cloud-based production environment
- Rapid prototype and iterate to build production scalable solutions to solve content knowledge graph problems such as entity resolution, link mining, and graph inference by using cutting edge machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval and statistical analysis techniques
- Ensure data quality throughout all phases of content knowledge graph curation, including data ingestion, ETL/wrangling, denormalization, and evolution
- Partner closely with data engineers and communicate modeling decisions resulting in cross-functional teams effectively using data-driven approaches
What you ideally know? (not a rigid litmus test)
- PhD or Master in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent fields
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, information retrieval, or statistical analysis
- Experience working with large data sets using open source technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and NoSQL
- Experience developing and productizing real-world AI/ML applications such as prediction, personalization, recommendation, content understanding and NLP
- Experience working with at least 3 of the following popular machine learning frameworks/libraries: sklearn, tensorflow, pytorch, caffe, keras, theano, cntk, mxnet, spark mllib
- Experience developing and deploying deep learning NLP models is a plus
- Experience working with a knowledge graph is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
A few more things to know:
Netflix offers amazing colleagues, constantly evolving technology, fascinating analytical and technical challenges, and a Freedom & Responsibility culture that is truly unique. Hopefully this culture resonates with you as it is incredibly important to us. See https://jobs.netflix.com/culture