Strategist, Product Creative Studio - Central & Eastern Europe (CEE)
Amsterdam, Netherlands /
Streaming – Creative Production Strategy /
As part of a creative strategy team within Product Creative Studio, the Strategist is in a unique position to blend the data based A/B testing realm with the highly creative world of Netflix Originals. The Strategist position uses both the left and right brain equally and requires a personality and skill set that can easily go from art to science and back again. The Product Creative Studio team creates compelling assets to connect our subscribers to the original Netflix content they love, and also brainstorms, coordinates, and socializes with multiple stakeholder teams to ensure a seamless launch on a global scale. Through a partnership with our Content team and the Marketing teams, you will develop beautiful, inspiring creative assets in the form of static artwork and video elements to tell a story and engage audiences in our brand.
This is your chance to help transform how titles from Central and Eastern Europe are presented, consumed and perceived by members across 190 countries. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sit at the forefront of this effort.
This role is based in our Amsterdam office but requires travel to our headquarters in Los Angeles.
The Product Creative Studio Strategist is responsible for launching Netflix original and licensed series and films that are created in countries across EMEA, on the Netflix streaming service; overseeing the lifespan of a show from ideation to product deployment across multiple platforms. You will leverage content, marketing, PR, social campaign elements, product strategy and testing to create a suite of valuable assets to surprise and delight our Netflix subscribers.
Success is not only based on creating the most varied and visually stimulating cache of assets but also coordinating across numerous internal and external stakeholder groups; being able to form close relationships with various groups within Netflix is just as critical as with studio and showrunner partners in EMEA. You'll create strong partnerships with creative directors, agencies, studios in local markets and other cross-functional teams to define the creative look and feel of a title—telling a story through static artwork and video elements. Garnering an extremely deep understanding of product strategy will be inherent to your success as well.
- Write a creative strategy based on data and insights from partner teams
- Work cross-functionally to source, direct, and create compelling imagery and motion assets
- Collaborate with agencies, graphic designers, motion designers, and art directors to elevate the creative and enhance content discovery across multiple titles across different genres
- Clearly understand product priorities and be able to distinguish them from marketing priorities
- Create project schedules, effectively managing timelines from conception through successful launch and beyond, communicating milestones to key stakeholders
- Continue to proactively learn about product creative strategy and also be able to educate cross-functional partners and internal team members on the latest product developments
- Build and strengthen partner relationships as liaison to studio partners, PR, Marketing, Product, Content Operations, Content Acquisition, Content Platform Engineering and Legal teams
- Reviewing artwork performance metrics, analyzing winning trends, and determining a path for better creative
- Work with engineers to determine the best tools or modifications to current tools to improve workflowAccess reporting tools to analyze asset performance
- Conceptualize A/B test hypotheses against the current workflow Looking above the horizon to understand the big picture of what Netflix is trying to achieve and spearhead new tests and projects
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English and Polish
- 7+ years in a creative environment.
- Entertainment and/or gaming experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally to Netflix’s offices in Los Angeles.
- Awareness of global/local content trends within the market is a plus.
- Exemplary organizational skills with a disciplined approach to project management.
- Ability to create clear, effective briefs grounded in data and insights.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to voice opinions and give feedback.
- Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative and image production workflow.
- Prior project management, team leadership, or creative agency campaign supervision experience.
- The soft skills to be able to recognize when to challenge conventional thinking, and also to accept feedback on ideas and work products.
- Understanding an eye for great visual design and the ability to translate design specs into finalized assets.
- Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals.
- Using metrics and testing for more informed creative.
- Healthy interactions with marketing teams, creative agencies, and/or production houses, as well as familiarity with studio/network campaigns or entertainment branding.
- Excel as an individual contributor with global purview.