Senior Security Engineer, Security Incident Response Team
Remote, United States /
Streaming – Information Security /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Security Incident Response Team is responsible for handling information security incidents and crises across the business. SIRT leverages training, liaison and tooling to scale incident response and mitigate a broad range of risks. We proactively use our experience and data to drive and advocate for investments that drive down risk.
We are looking for an experienced incident responder to help mature and expand our crisis management and incident response capabilities. You will apply lessons learned as part of our on-call rotation to improve incident handling and resolution. You will enhance our training, liaison and tooling efforts. In this role you will partner with our Los Angeles based team members to support our studio and animation efforts.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You have hands-on experience resolving incidents through crisis management.
- You are familiar with AWS and 3rd party SaaS services including log formats, how to extract telemetry, and how to operate in these environments.
- You are familiar with computer and network security concepts.
- You have some experience with automation and scripting with languages such as python.
- You operate effectively across teams and disciplines in highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environments.
Netflix allows the security team to approach security differently. We’ve shaped our security principles to align with our culture of “Freedom and Responsibility” and “Context not Control.” Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility and the accountability to do the right thing for Netflix. Read more about the Netflix culture here.