Senior Data Scientist - Algorithm Experimentation and Causal Inference
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Data Science and Engineering /
Personalization algorithms at Netflix deliver recommendations to over 150 million subscribers worldwide. To continually improve and innovate on our product, we maintain a relentless focus on empirical analysis and experimentation. As a Data Scientist in Algorithms Data Science & Engineering, you will be partnering with product and engineering teams to evaluate the performance of and optimize personalization algorithms used to suggest movies, TV shows, artwork, and trailers to Netflix members. This is a high-impact role in which you will have direct influence on how product decisions related to recommendations are made.
For a flavor of the work that is done on the team, check out our blog post:
To learn more about our research and analytics work, you can visit our research page.
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making around personalization algorithms at Netflix.
- Proactively perform data exploration to understand user behavior and identify opportunities for improving our recommendation algorithms.
- Drive innovation by developing new experimentation methodologies, statistical techniques, and causal-inference approaches that could sharpen our product decision-making process.
- Research new measurements and frameworks to enable understanding of emergent phenomena, e.g. the impact of off-product behavior on Netflix viewing.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- Proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive product innovation
- Deep statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Spark, Presto, Hive)
- Strong programming skills in Python (or R)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep product sense
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus
A few more things to know
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix Culture
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work. We also support a balanced lifestyle.