Software Engineer L6, Mobile Developer Productivity
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Client UI Engineering /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our team sits at the intersection of this accelerating global growth, compounded with an ever-increasing mobile usage for content consumption. We love every minute of the complex engineering and product challenges that come with operating at this scale.
Our Mobile Productivity (MoPro) team is focused on helping engineers around the world create Netflix mobile applications quickly and with the highest levels of quality. We do this with tools and infrastructure that optimizes the developer experience. We tie it all together with sophisticated automated testing and productivity solutions designed to support our culture of experimentation, autonomy and ownership.
Our flagship mobile automation lab contains nearly 2,000 retail devices that execute hundreds of thousands of tests every day. We tend to live by our values which will allow you to do your best work and grow.
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about evolving how we develop apps and who will drive innovation in mobile developer productivity and tools. In this role, the impact of this work will enable engineering teams to build, integrate, test and monitor the Netflix mobile apps. You are a force multiplier whose work will be felt by the entire Mobile engineering community at Netflix. It involves cross-functional collaboration with internal engineering and mobile automation infrastructure teams to propose, develop and deploy tooling designed to optimize core attributes of high-quality mobile app development.
What you will be doing
- Develop tools and services that are part of our build and test automation infrastructure with an eye on scaling and reliability
- Innovatively create and develop techniques to automate manual activities in our mobile development process
- Operate in a highly cross-functional environment where you can leverage multiple teams to help our partners be successful
- Set direction and build consensus to drive long-term positive impact on the mobile engineering ecosystem
- Evangelize and drive adoption of software development best practices in code health, quality and test stability through frameworks and information sharing, not rules and process
- The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily. A description of our unique culture may be found at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix.
- You will work with high-performing, impactful and passionate engineers
- You will help evolve Netflix’s offerings to include entertaining games
- We pay top of market with excellent benefits
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $300,000 - $900,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.