Product Manager, Content Data
Los Gatos, California / Los Angeles, California / Remote, California
Streaming – Studio Product Management /
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 230 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. As our slate of original productions and licensed content continues to grow, we must scale the technology solutions we use to manage content and operational data to meet the changing needs of the business.
The Content and Business Products team builds a suite of tools to scale the operations behind taking a Netflix show from concept to streaming. We are looking for a platform product manager to lead the evolution of our Content Data Platform. In this role, you'll guide a cross-functional team to deliver application and data services, along with end-user functionality to improve how we manage and connect core data across our content pipeline. Our systems are primarily used by internal employees, content creators, and partners, so experience working on enterprise applications is a plus. This is a data-focused role, so a strong working knowledge of data models and data governance practices is essential.
As a Product Manager at Netflix, you will be expected to strategize, prioritize and execute projects. You should be comfortable at the hub of a fast-paced environment where you interface daily with cross-functional experts. You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead when there remain some critics and lead in the face of ambiguity.
This role can be based in our Los Angeles or Los Gatos offices. There is also the option to be based remotely from the West Coast/PST working hours. Some travel will be required if remote-based.
What you'll be doing
- Define and execute a comprehensive product strategy for the Data Platform that supports our content and business products, ensuring the availability of accurate, reliable, and well-governed core data.
- Translate the strategy into a product roadmap that balances the needs of our partner teams and prioritizes what is most impactful for our data customers and the business.
- Lead the definition, design, and operationalization of technology solutions focused on enhancing data quality, metadata governance, taxonomy management, ontology definition, and data policy enforcement.
- Manage products from concept to launch, delivering features iteratively to solve the business challenges before you.
- Create strong partnerships with Netflix data users and product teams, establishing continuous feedback loops to better understand their problems
- Build a deep understanding of upstream/downstream systems and processes and how they should shape data model design and impact adjacent systems.
- Ensure that our product evolution thoughtfully addresses product lifecycle and adoption/migration experience and provides clear guidance and recommendations to Netflix data users
- Engage and thrive in a healthy debate of ideas and communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization
- Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of our products and drive the execution and continuous evaluation of those metrics
- 7+ years of Product Management experience with a proven record of successfully launching and scaling platforms
- Proven track record of successfully managing B2B2C or B2B technical products throughout the product development lifecycle
- Demonstrated passion for data platforms, data experience, tools, workflows, and/or data infrastructure
- Ability to effectively prioritize and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies
- Comfortable working with ambiguity. This role is fluid, and will frequently evolve based on partner, strategy, and product priorities
- Exceptional communication skills, in writing and verbally, whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with executives
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead teams of designers, engineers, and business partners
- Comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $240,000 - $725,000
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.