Network Engineer, Studio Operations
Los Angeles, California
Be an integral part of Netflix bringing delight to viewers. Be a part of movie magic and help transform the way content creators create and distribute content. The Studio Network Engineering team is responsible for building and supporting world-class networks for various Productions at Netflix owned / leased production facilities worldwide.
We are looking for a network engineer, based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters, to join the Netflix Studio Network Engineering team. This team is responsible for the effective design and implementation of new network technology, upgrades, and refreshes at production facilities. As the network engineer, you will help deploy, scale, and automate the Studio networks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Studio networks and work closely with our Network Architects and partners on designs, solutions, and implementations. You will create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol Studio networks
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Define, develop, and implement network monitoring and analysis tools
- Document and maintain accurate configuration information and infrastructure documentation of all networking components and dependencies.
- Work with our Network Architects to build and maintain a highly available, high-performance network infrastructure
- Partner with cross-functional teams and vendors for problem resolution
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies and experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols like BGP and OSPF as well as firewall technologies.
- Strong network analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in documentation as well as creating and maintaining SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, platform and configuration standards, etc.
- Knowledge of Post Production / VFX applications and tools such as: Aspera, Faspex, AVID, and Video routing systems, etc. is a plus
- A self-starter with at least 3 - 4 years of experience as a Network Engineer
- Ability to work independently
- Scripting and automation experience (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency on network platforms including: Cisco, Aruba, Arista, and Palo Alto Networks.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with routing protocols and configuration: BGP, OSPF, and IPv4/v6.
- Media Production environments experience is a plus