QA Test Lead - External Development, Games - Operations
Remote, United States /
Gaming – Gaming /
Netflix is looking for an experienced Test Lead to join the Netflix Game Studio in delivering the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience.
As a test professional, your hands-on approach, and innovative technical proficiency will have a significant impact on the oversight of multiple Netflix titles and in leading the QA effort for their releases. This role requires exceptional testing expertise, project management skills, and a deep understanding of a diverse consumer device universe with a specific focus on Android and iOS.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a real passion for a positive user experience; the ideal candidate will work as an integrated member of a cross-functional team, participating in the design, and execution, of QA strategies and methods.
This position requires the ability to lead a mix of internal and vendor QA staff assigned to your projects, meet business deadlines, and uphold the highest levels of quality.
- Lead and manage a test team towards individual and team excellence
- Hands-on testing of game functionality across the Android/iOS device universe along with other consumer devices
- Coordinate responsible test areas with internal staff and vendor QA groups
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Project manage and maintain testing schedules for all game titles in your area
- Own and drive requirements gathering and risk identification
- Conduct and lead live operations testing as your titles release
- Deep involvement in developing/identifying appropriate tooling and frameworks to support all testing efforts
- Coach and develop talent across the department
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in QA
- Minimum 3 years experience leading test teams
- Minimum 3 years of QA project management experience
- Priority for mobile games testing experience, with exceptional iOS/Android testing skills
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Expert knowledge of technical requirements, tools, and processes
- Experience translating requirements into effective test cases
- Proven ability to work both remotely and independently
- Passion for games with a commitment to quality
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- PC/Web experiencing or the ability to learn.
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, and TCM tools
Location: Los Angeles
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $250,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.