Manager, Production Finance - International Originals Latin America
Los Angeles, California
Financial Planning and Analysis
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original local language productions such as Brazil’s 3%, Mexico’s Club de Cuervos and France’s Marseille, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated around the world. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 100 million streaming members globally. It’s a great time to join Netflix.
The Manager of Production Finance for International Originals Latin America will be instrumental in creating and implementing the production finance goals of the Originals Production Finance team at the Studio located in Hollywood. These goals include i) providing valuable insights to best manage the production investment ii) protecting company assets iii) providing comprehensive current Latin America market intelligence iv) providing innovative financial solutions to facilitate better and more timely decisions.
- Partner with other members of the Netflix International Originals team and third party local production services companies
- Access local show accountant’s ability to manage our Latin American productions and provide training and guidance as needed. Build a stable pool of accountants from which to draw from for future productions.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Netflix teams including Legal, Tax, Content Planning and Content Accounting
- Ensure accurate, timely and complete Budget, Cost Report and Breakage review and analysis
- Manage cash flow and funding processes
- Track production incentives and tax receivables
- Aggregate production cost information into Netflix reporting applications along with providing explanations for material changes
- Ensure implementation of minimum best practices, financial controls and cash management
- Travel to productions to grow market intelligence and keep abreast of current and changing industry trends and evolving technologies
- Help develop and test the next generation of production finance tools that enable better economies of scale
- 10+ years production finance and/or production accounting experience preferably in Latin America or another non US region
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Local in territory experience preferred
- Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
- Broad understanding of local production incentives
- Solid understanding of payroll process, tax and government compliance requirements
- Budgeting and production accounting software experience required
- Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- College degree in accounting or finance is preferred
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.