Director, Creative Production - Korea
Seoul, South Korea /
Streaming – Creative Production Core /
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Creative Production (CP) team is responsible for contextualising the stories on Netflix - through artwork, trailers, synopses, subtitles, ratings and other metadata, in over 30 languages - so that members can discover and choose the stories they will love. As the Creative Production Director of Korea, you will grow and lead a multidisciplinary team that defines and drives the creative and operational strategies for how we represent and launch Korean titles on the Netflix product, partnering with internal and external partners to ensure seamless experiences for our members in Korea and beyond. You will be responsible for shaping your team’s priorities and connecting these to Netflix Korea’s business goals - unlocking opportunities to enhance member engagement, helping Korean content find more fans around the world, and navigating local challenges.
The role will report to VP-Creative Production, Asia Pacific.
You value, understand, and can deliver great experiences for our members
- Build strong partnerships locally, regionally and globally to advocate for Korea needs while seeking broader understanding and best practices - in effort to position Netflix as an essential entertainment service to consumers in Korea
- Passionate about the potential for local stories to inspire global phenomena, and excited to contribute to the global success of Netflix Korea’s original content
- You have worked directly on a product/brand in Korea to drive innovative and user-centric experiences
- Strong understanding of video streaming landscape
You are equally adept at defining and driving both Creative and Operational Excellence
- Be equally comfortable in “left brain” or “right brain” problem solving, but be most excited when both are deployed at the same time and understand how to leverage data and insights to push the boundaries of creative excellence
- You strive to remove friction in how things work and seek out-of-the-box solutions to overcome unique-to-Korea business/ operational challenges, increase efficiency and impact
- You understand the challenges and importance of driving best-in-class creative work at scale, and defining best practices for Korea, and beyond
You are a strong strategic partner to cross-functional leaders
- You are a great bridge with other country teams in the region: equally adept at articulating your own vision while also collaborating to drive market success.
- You are adept at speaking to Product considerations (member-first approach, hypotheses-forming and experimentation) as well as Marketing/Content/ PR concerns (audiences, how to integrate brand into day to day work, industry relations) - advocating for holistic solutions that benefit members in Korea and Netflix at large
- You influence and synthesise functional context and strategy for your team in a way that best suits Korea
- You flourish in matrixed organisational structures and have deep experience in influencing and driving cross-functional alignment
You are a builder and developer of high performing multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong track record of building and stellar locally-oriented and globally-minded teams, comprising multiple functions and cognitive diversity
- You know how to develop and sustain a healthy and inclusive organisation
- You know how to inspire your own team through the challenges of a rapidly evolving business in Korea, identifying innovative ways of problem-solving amidst complexities and ambiguity
- Be an earnest and inclusive leader who will be a great steward of the Netflix culture while also helping it to shape and evolve it over time.
- 15+ years working in rapid growth organisations preferably in roles focused on scaled creative production or marketing for a consumer-centric product/brand in Korea
- 10+ years building and managing diverse teams: hiring, developing and managing high performers
- Deep experience working in Korea, with a nuanced understanding of navigating local challenges and opportunities while being thoughtful of regional and global context
- Comfort working at a company - and in a team - where data and insights are heavily leveraged in decision-making is a requirement. First hand experience with A/B testing is a plus
- Business-level proficiency in English and Korean