Director, Supplier Diversity
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Finance Core /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 223 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. At Netflix, we aspire to have best-in-class stories across many genres. We want more people to see their lives and cultures reflected on screen. And we believe that great stories can come from anywhere— like France, South Africa, Brazil, Turkey, Korea, Mexico, or India— and be loved everywhere.
We are hiring a Director of Supplier Diversity who will develop and set the strategic direction for a global sourcing program at Netflix that fits within our unique culture of Freedom and Responsibility. The Director of Supplier Diversity will be a part of our Finance Procurement Operations (FPO) team and will partner cross-functionally across the company as well as externally. The ideal candidate should have a background in strategic sourcing and/or supplier diversity and a foundational knowledge of end-to-end procure-to-pay processes.
This role will be responsible for:
- Establishing a global Supplier Diversity program that aligns the various procurement needs of our business with utilization of suppliers that diversify our supply chain, such as small, minority, and/or women-owned businesses.
- Partnering cross-functionally with various internal business stakeholders, including Inclusion and Diversity, to establish the vision and goals for the program and regularly review progress and impact.
- Implementing measures to ensure the success of the program and suppliers through ongoing review of capabilities and requirements, supplier KPIs, etc.
- Collaborating with finance, legal, and technology teams to develop workflows and systems that facilitate data analysis, recommendations, and informed procurement decisions.
- Partner with the Finance Procurement Operations Analysts to meaningfully influence partners both internally to spend with more diverse suppliers and externally to diversify their own supply chain.
- Educating internal stakeholders on the benefits of a diverse supply chain to drive alignment and utilization of the program
- Contributing to enhancing the diversity of our supplier pipeline through outreach and engagement and participation in development programs, trade shows, sponsorships, etc.
- Working closely with key vendors to influence their policies and practices and promote diversity in the supply chain beyond Netflix.
Qualities We’re Looking for:
- A proven passion for environmental and social initiatives
- 10+ yrs. of strategic sourcing background and/or experience working with organizations with members from underrepresented groups
- Project management experience with strong enthusiasm for implementing systems and processes
- Excellent EQ and an empathetic communication style that fosters connection, collaboration, and confidence
- Confidence to rely on own judgment and discretion to work independently, keep multiple plates spinning, and take smart risks
- Self-starter and proactive about their work and determining new ideas for our team to explore.
- Ability to embody Netflix core values
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $300,000 - $850,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.