Theater Operations Specialist
Los Angeles, California /
Streaming – Workplace Operations and Real Estate /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. We are the first truly global internet entertainment network and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a highly driven, creative, and curious Theater Operations Specialist to join our UCAN Hospitality team. The ideal candidate for this role enjoys identifying and solving operational challenges with a curious mindset. You are someone that will help to contribute to amazing events and theater operations. A successful candidate will be experienced in facilities or venue management, has a familiarity with concession operations and vendor management, and has the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Netflix is a fast-paced and demanding company that requires a driven individual who is able to exercise good judgment, take fast initiative, and provide a high level of customer service to enhance our employee experience. You’ll also be part of our unique culture.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers, vendors, colleagues, and talents.
- Partner with various cross functional teams outside of Workplace such as Theatrical, Awards, Publicity, Events, EHS, and Safety & Security, etc.
- Support Netflix and CREWS initiatives such as I&D and sustainability.
- Vendor management / RFP - Assist with summarizing and reviewing process.
- Facilitate and support a variety of events from small trade screenings to high profile large red carpet premieres.
- In-depth knowledge of all theaters and building capabilities for events and lease restrictions.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging challenges
- Assist in large team projects and own small projects as needed within the overall workplace
- Work closely with vendors from different business segments
- Present data effectively and in a visually compelling way
- Manage and maintain equipment maintenance needs and records
- Manage and ensure theater operations follow and comply with local regulations.
- 5+ years of theater management experience. General Manager and high profile red carpet events experience are preferred.
- Experience with facility management
- Basic knowledge of digital and film projections a plus
- Experience with concession stand operation. Bar management experience is a plus.
- Experience with Vista POS system prefer
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- A desire to be hands-on, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on job needs; evenings and sometimes weekends
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to proactively address and anticipate stakeholders’ needs
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $265,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.