Technical Research Analyst
Streaming – Customer Service Operations
Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching millions of households around the world, and the Netflix customer service network receives hundreds of thousands of questions and issue reports from subscribers every day. The technical research group is responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and documenting escalated issue reports. The results of their investigations are delivered to Netflix product engineering teams and are a critical link in maintaining Netflix service reliability for our global subscriber base.
As Technical Research Support, you are responsible for driving improvements in the Netflix product and CS platform through investigation of escalated Netflix issues. You will provide technical escalation support to our global customer base and partners. You will think quickly, enjoy solving puzzles, and possess strong Netflix product knowledge. You will use great judgment in pursuing the right course of action without relying heavily on set policies to guide you. In addition to technical requirements, great interpersonal skills with our customers, partners, and peers are a critical component of success in this role.
- You will handle in-depth technical and product based questions and escalations from customer service centers around the globe.
- You will investigate and document complex technical issues impacting our service.
- You will prevent negative impacts to Netflix and our customers by identifying trends and articulating them into actionable follow up and takeaways.
- You will be assisting our Global Escalations team in coordinating the Customer Service response to service issues and outages.
- You will serve as an expert resource for general and technical questions in Amsterdam, Athens and Lisbon.
You are / You have:
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- At least 2 year of experience in a technical troubleshooting role helping to determine root cause of technical issues.
- You have strong computer troubleshooting skills including Mac OSX & Windows operating systems, hardware, software, home networking configurations, and internet connectivity issues.
- You are someone who can communicate in both verbal and written forms with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders regarding complex issues.
- You can innovate methods to drive positive change in our customer service operations. You have demonstrated an ability to exercise creative thinking and problem resolution skills.
- You have the ability to extract and interpret large amounts of information from various databases and sources.
- You are receptive and able to appropriately incorporate feedback to continuously improve in an environment of rapid change.
- Foreign language fluency (particularly European or Middle Eastern languages) a plus.
- Excellent work environment in a convenient office location in Amsterdam; 1 minute walk from Amsterdam Sloterdijk
- Full-time paid training and work schedule 4 weeks in advance
- Catered lunch and other snacks every day
- Healthcare allowance
- Retirement plans and Stock Options