Manager, Brand & Editorial - Italy
Streaming – Brand and Editorial Marketing
With an ever-evolving media landscape and a growing slate of Netflix Original TV shows, films, documentaries and kids content produced for all kinds of tastes, we are looking for a Manager who can help us build our brand in Italy. As a direct-to-consumer brand with millions of fans globally across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, our owned social presence is an essential way for us to speak directly to members and non-members every single day, but we also want to go beyond social. For this reason, the Brand & Editorial Manager will be fully embedded into social but also able to work cross functionally on 360 activations.
We need someone who can create very tailored strategies across a variety of channels and mediums to reach targeted audience groups and generate cultural phenomena around our brand and titles to drive positive word of mouth and earned media impressions in Italy.
This is a strategic position charged with developing market-specific brand narratives and identifying, in conjunction with the local marketing, publicity and other functions involved, the best opportunities for the brand in Italy. In addition, the Brand & Editorial Manager will be responsible for managing external best-in-class strategists, writers and creatives with a specific focus.
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling in the digital space. Candidates will have a solid understanding of content and social media strategy and they will be familiar with the media evolution in Italy. A creative background and a solid expertise working in/with creative agencies is a key element to success.
- Develop a clear editorial vision, tone of voice and the right content strategies to build our brand into a trusted and engaging source of entertainment and information in the social space and beyond.
- Work with external creative agencies and other vendors to identify opportunities and build the best creative responses to our business needs.
- Build editorial calendars and create or leverage existing marketing shoots, press junkets, set visits and/or other talent-driven events. Develop innovative features and fixtures that are shareable, ownable, impactful and scalable.
- Work cross-functionally with teams such as Marketing, Publicity, Partner Marketing and more to compliment high-profile title campaigns, serving as the brand’s first line of reputational defense and deepen consumer understanding of key Netflix benefits.
- Develop brand campaigns and oversee projects from inception to final execution.
- Contribute to the social platform and audience strategy in Italy.
- Build and manage budgets.
Background and skills:
- Local market, language and landscape expertise. We need someone who understands the local culture. Someone who is a social native and speaks internet in the region and can apply their strategic vision to additional emerging markets.
- Strong communication skills. Netflix is a debate- and memo-based culture and team members are expected to participate and contribute to strategic discussions often and significantly.
- Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. We don’t let data determine our actions but we do rely on data to inform our judgement and intuition. You don’t need to be a pivot table genius to work here but you do need to have a good grasp of analytics in order to ask the right questions to our analytical partners.
- Talent management skills. Aside from understanding how to behave professionally around talent, we value the capacity to earn trust with them and their representatives - a key part of obtaining buy-in for creative ideas and executions.