Director, Strategy Planning & Analysis - Creative Production
Los Angeles, California
Streaming – Corporate FP&A
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a leader for our Strategy Planning & Analysis Team to partner with Creative Production in Los Angeles (Hollywood). Netflix leadership relies heavily on the Strategy Planning & Analysis team to shape strategy and inform important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
At Netflix, Creative Production sits at the intersection of Content, Marketing and Product at Netflix, bringing a variety of skills (spanning video, artwork / print, digital creation and editing, creative strategy for Netflix content titles, content theme analysts & taggers, linguistic and cultural adaptation of Netflix content). This is an operational organization that takes pride in figuring out innovative ways to deliver creative excellence at Netflix scale, while finding efficiencies for Netflix in cost, time and resources!
In this role, you will need to be a forward-thinking leader who will lead and mentor a highly analytical, strategic problem solving team. You will guide your team in bringing analytical and thought frameworks and best practices in partnering with Creative Production leaders and other cross functional partners to innovate the way creative assets are produced, helping to analyze and structure this production work from end to end, in order to scale operations effectively. As a leader who will not only partner with colleagues in the Los Angeles office but also in Amsterdam and Singapore, you must be adept at bridging cross-functional and cross cultural points of view to advance our thinking and solutions in Creative Production.
Netflix needs a self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive strategy and effective decisioning with the Creative Production team and cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Management, Content Planning & Analysis, Data Science & Engineering teams. You must cultivate a strong partnership with the Creative Production VP and her leaders while developing a strong understanding of how Netflix’s Content, Marketing, and Product strategies are evolving and how Creative Production must evolve to get ahead of those changes. While your scope is Creative Production, you must demonstrate the ability to think holistically for Netflix, including impact and ripples for Netflix internally (i.e., Content, Marketing and Product Teams) as well as Netflix externally (i.e., Brand and consumer impacts).You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results as an individual and a team leader.
You and your team will:
- Create actionable and insightful analyses for Creative Production (CP) business: via Financial Reviews, highlighting operational wins as well as areas of risk and opportunity; via Operational Metrics review of metrics developed in partnership with CP managers and Data Science and Engineering teams to monitor operational effectiveness and find opportunities for efficiencies; via helping CP leadership prioritize and map their hiring and external resourcing to their business priorities
- Work with Creative Production and Marketing as we move production of creative assets in-house on defining what success looks like (both qualitatively and quantitatively)
- Facilitate alignment of goals and drive clarity around expectations across teams both within CP and with marketing
- Develop and execute plan for understanding the costs as we grow into in-sourcing creative production of marketing assets and projecting what the cost trajectory could look like over time, while proposing scenarios / key dimensions required to move the trajectory in the desirable direction
- Help figure out what and how work is moved in-house via efficiency analysis, while balancing qualitative considerations
- Work with Creative Production leaders and Data Science Engineering on operational and steering metrics (aka KPI’s), both for executive level (i.e., VP with overall view of the business) and at team / manager level as they depend on SP&A to help drive insights for improving execution
- Explore and develop right level of support for CP outside of the US as half the team is focused on work for International regions, with a third of the team sitting outside the US
- Identify and experiment with operational efficiency initiatives and adapt / facilitate porting them to other regions
- Track and synthesize the trends and changes in Content, Marketing and Product strategy to pin point and quantify areas that impact CP and bring actionable recommendations to CP leadership on evolving CP workflow to stay ahead of the changes
- A successful candidate will have a strong background of leadership and proven success as a strategist, analyst, and experience with Operations and Change Management.
- 10-15 years of experience in highly analytical environments - top management consulting firm, investment bank, corporate strategy. Of the 10-15 years of professional experience, at least 3 years of media and/or entertainment specific experience in highly analytical roles
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring teams and influencing peer organizations
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross cultural and cross functional partners
- History of self starting and defining what success means in different professional environments and achieving that success
- Experience working with International teams is a plus
- Top-tier MBA (or equivalent)
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix Culture.