Engineering Manager, Compute
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Platform Engineering /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Compute Platform’s purpose is to build and support products serving cloud compute needs from building to operating infrastructure impacting all parts of Netflix including Streaming, Games, Studio and Content, Machine Learning, and more. From OS Engineering on our Ubuntu-based fleet to our worldwide highly available compute fabric provided by Titus, our multi-tenant Kubernetes-based container platform and runtime, we take an active role in driving our compute primitives forward, evolving them to meet our customer’s needs. We not only design and develop our large-scale tier one systems, but also operate and support them 24 by 7.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to join us in leading and growing our Compute Platform. As engineering at Netflix continues to grow and our compute container strategy expands, there is growing demand for efficient and scalable solutions that improve the developer experience and operational effectiveness of all our teams and systems.
About the Role
- Drive the vision and strategy for our OS engineering and Titus data plane solutions
- Hire and grow our team of exceptional engineers
- Empower, challenge, and coach a team of senior engineers to grow their impact as individual technical leaders by providing them with context and continuous feedback
- Effectively prioritize and manage our engineering roadmaps in alignment with our product roadmap
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across Platform Engineering partners and customers throughout engineering
- Collaborate closely within the overall Compute Platform team to function as one team, delivering cohesive solutions
What Sets You Apart
- A self-motivated exceptional people leader with experience building and leading high-performing teams, ideally with remote or hybrid teams
- Proactively give and receive feedback with a growth mindset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; adept at active listening
- Focus on delighting customers with amazing user experiences and customer service
- Experience working with and operating production compute infrastructure systems at large scale
- Thoughtfully exercise strong judgment in ambiguous situations
We believe talent is equally distributed but opportunities are not. Our US-based team is happy to embrace remote work and our core work hours are 10am - 4pm Pacific Time. We believe safe spaces where everyone can be their authentic selves is the key to a strong team so we welcome and embrace all identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
Does this sound interesting? Or does this sound interesting-but-intimidating? Please don’t self-select out, let’s figure it out together. We’d love to talk to you!
Netflix is a global company, with a diverse member base, which is why the content we produce reflects that: global perspectives, global stories. As we grow globally, we know that we must have the most talented employees with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to support our innovation and creativity. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build balanced teams from all walks of life.
Want to know more about our team? You can learn about us:
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $180,000 - 900,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.