Senior Producer (Live Ops) - External Games
Los Angeles, California /
Streaming – Game Development /
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people with movies and television globally by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation.
This is your chance to be at the forefront of Netflix’s new offering of Video Games. We will bring these new experiences to market through the world's leading streaming entertainment app with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries who are already enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can download and play mobile games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix curated and produced Games. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
About the job:
This role will focus on our Live Service Games from a production perspective, managing live games, including roadmaps, scoping, dependencies and release of content updates. You will manage Live Service Production with external development partners across a slate of multiple titles. You will take the lead as an external developer’s primary point of contact, working with developers on creation of project and milestone schedules, as well as post launch content update planning, and overall development plans; provide ongoing management check and balance throughout the full live operations of the title, from launch onwards
- Partner with our Live Service Product Managers to ensure priorities can be executed and roadmaps are aligned
- Identify and lead game initiatives to ensure our team and developers have goals, frameworks and priority needed to make the titles you’re responsible for successful
- Partner with business development and creative teams to ensure we are making the right decisions for our developers and members, ensuring we are on track to achieve title goals
- Feedback on, improve and take an active part in implementing the Live Service production strategy for the portfolio including pipelines and processes
- Assist PMs in budget management against individual game updates and Live Service plans
- Help resolve unique complex product issues through ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done. Identify risks early and often and remove roadblocks and performance bottlenecks as needed
- Work cross-functionally to create a healthy team culture based on rich communication, transparency and shared context.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of Live Service production experience, preferably from mobile gaming
- 7+ years experience in game production with experience shipping and/or running live updates on multiple games (social, F2P, mobile, web, console, handheld)
- Experience in planning and execution, specifically post-launch/live services experience in gaming preferred. (console, PC, or mobile)
- Robust experience overseeing the full lifecycle of game development with a specific focus on post-launch live service operations
- Knowledge of Live Service production, the difficulties generally encountered by teams and solutions tailored to their requirements
- Experience leading complex cross-functional projects with successful delivery of quality, schedule and in balancing scope, capacity, budget, risk, and time
- Ability to influence direction, without relying on positional authority
- You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action
- You have excellent communication and are able to work with a variety of people, effectively communicating everything from data to creative feedback
- Passion for video games, innovations in software and how they enrich the player experience
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $250,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.