Director, Tax - EMEA
Amsterdam, Netherlands /
Streaming – Tax /
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Are you looking for a leadership role in tax? Do you enjoy analyzing complex technical issues, making sure compliance requirements are fulfilled and working with cross-functional partners to help navigate the changing world of international tax? We’d love to speak with you! We are excited about our international expansion and prospects. It is a great time to join our team and play a key role in our growth.
We are seeking a Director, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) Tax, reporting to the Vice President - Global Tax in the US, to be based in Amsterdam and provide tax compliance, tax planning, tax policy, and strategic tax advice for EMEA. This role covers both direct and indirect tax. In addition, the Director, EMEA Tax, will team with our business, legal, finance and operational partners to gain a full understanding of our global strategy in order to optimize our overall tax strategy to support business operations. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who can collaborate across the business, has a hands-on mentality, and is experienced at proposing tax solutions/ideas which enable business objectives while balancing risk or burdens for the company.
- Provide strategic tax advice across the region to keep pace with the evolution of our global operations
- Partner with Netflix’s EMEA business leaders, finance, legal, and external advisers on various business matters
- Review business contracts and collaborate with Netflix’s EMEA cross-functional leaders to mitigate tax risk
- Oversee EMEA tax compliance and provide input to global and local financial statements, including identifying automation opportunities
- Collaborate with the Global Tax team on EMEA tax planning initiatives and with the broader Tax and Finance teams at Netflix
- Partner with the Policy team and Transfer Pricing to identify and advocate for tax policy positions on material pending EMEA/EU tax legislation
- Oversee EMEA corporate and indirect tax audits in partnership with the global controversy team
- Further develop and grow a diverse team of EMEA-based tax professionals
- Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
- 15+ years of experience managing both direct and indirect tax, including public accounting or industry (ideally, technology or entertainment) experience in EMEA
- Law degree, U.S. CPA equivalent, and / or advanced degree in Taxation
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
- Ability to work proactively and independently under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
- Strong people leadership skills and substantial experience in leading a sizeable team