Data Science and Engineering Manager, Content Performance
Los Gatos, California /
Streaming – Content and Marketing DSE /
Netflix is revolutionizing the entertainment industry with world-class technology. We are both a content distributor and a producer for original and premium shows. Our shows are watched by more than 208 million accounts around the world. We produce hundreds of new series, movies, documentaries, stand-up specials, and content across various other categories each year. This global footprint allows us to tell a diverse set of stories and inspire a global audience.
On the Creative Excellence and Valuation DSE team, we seek to maximize our members’ enjoyment of our content. Through analytical research and data science innovation, we develop metrics and models that measure economic value and the joy each title brings to our members. Our team consists of a mix of analytical engineers who perform statistical research and scale insights, as well as data scientists who prototype and place models into production. We work collaboratively with other DSE teams, consumer research teams, and Content Strategy & Analytics. We strive to enable our Content and Creative teams to make more informed decisions with our data-driven metrics, insights, and products.
We are looking for a leader that will guide the team to make new data science innovations that improve our understanding of content performance, enhance our measurement methodologies, and create title level insights. These outcomes enable data-driven decisions for our Content and Creative teams. You will work closely with our partner teams and create new collaborations that enable better use and understanding of our content for our members and Netflix.
As a Manager you will …
- Are skilled at operating in a complex, cross-functional organization or company where collaboration and integration with other teams across multiple disciplines is essential to the success of your team.
- Be a strategic partner for Content, Strategy and Analytics teams: identify critical analytical problems and find innovative solutions with data
- Hire and lead a stunning team of Analytics Engineers & Data Scientists
- Guide analyses and machine learning models that inform content performance and create impactful decision making
- Enact Netflix values in daily work and interactions.
- A leader that has experience and demonstrated success in leading and building high-caliber, data focused teams with diverse technical strengths and more importantly are experienced in developing leaders and fostering an inclusive team culture.
- Are a strong communicator that develops relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- An expert in analytics, including metric development, statistical analysis, and intuitive reporting, with exposure to common experimentation techniques
- Have a passion for machine learning techniques and bringing those models from prototype into production
- Deeply invested in creating an inclusive team environment and helping each team member grow
Netflix's culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.