Manager, Open Connect Partner Engagement
Amsterdam, Netherlands /
Streaming – Partner Ecosystem Core /
Netflix is responsible for over 30% of primetime Internet traffic with many Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and continues to experience amazing growth. The Open Connect Partner Engagement Team works to ensure the best end-user quality of experience possible through efforts with ISPs to maximize traffic throughput and minimize network congestion in the most efficient manner possible. Details on our Open Connect initiative including peering and directed cache appliances (OCAs) are available at http://openconnect.netflix.com.
This role is suited to a seasoned professional with more than 4 years of related experience in complex negotiations and relationship management with Internet Service Providers, who is looking for a new challenge at one of the largest internet content providers in the world.
The Manager, Open Connect Partner Engagement will report into the Vice President of Partner Engagement and have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and deepen relationships with ISPs in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to optimize end-user quality of experience
- Provide regular updates and capacity forecasts to ISP partners on Netflix traffic destined to their users. Suggest potential network optimizations where appropriate.
- Monitor interconnection and OCA utilization to ensure sufficient capacity is available
- Partner with the Netflix Content Delivery Network (CDN) operations team on service availability and ISP communications
- Contribute to relevant industry organizations and events to promote Open Connect and to help develop the global interconnection ecosystem
- Communicate effectively and succinctly with a wide variety of technical, business, and legal contacts at ISP partners fluently in English
- High-level project management skills to ensure the success of partner activities
- Exceptional familiarity with Internet technology concepts and their use by ISPs including routing (IGP/BGP), traffic management, and interconnection and data center services
- Clearly present Netflix Open Connect concepts and activities for audiences of various sizes
- Analyze and present a variety of data using Google Sheets, scripting, and database queries
- Produce reports using tools such as Microstrategy and Tableau for internal and partner uses
In addition, they must have the following qualities:
- Be a self-starter. You see a problem or opportunity and act on it independently
- Be an active listener
- Know when to escalate
- Write technical documentation
- Find the solution that no one else thought of
Our unique company culture is a key part of our approach to innovation. You will be a critical person in a high-performance organization that is truly changing how the world watches movies and TV. Our first step was to integrate Netflix into all devices, now things start to get interesting...