Senior Software Engineer - Web Member Platform
Remote, United States /
Streaming – Client UI Engineering /
Netflix is on a mission to reimagine and revolutionize how the world consumes entertainment. Our goal is to delight and satisfy our members with great content, create a personalized member experience, and ultimately spur high-quality conversations about the service.
The Web Member Platform team owns the member-facing platform initiatives that enable netflix.com to scale. We work with UI engineering and various partner teams to broker solutions to enable customer-facing innovation. We focus on engineering excellence to deliver innovative product experiences that connect our global audience to their cherished stories.
You would use your prior experience as a UI/UX engineer to influence UI architecture and go below the UI layer while working on the next iteration of web platform technologies critical to delivering the best member experiences for Netflix.
We value engineers that are:
- Passionate about web technologies, API integrations, performance, repaying tech debt, and deleting deprecated (ideally, dead) code.
- Architects-at-heart that provide holistic solutions to complex problems and implementers of clean, scalable, and maintainable APIs.
- Outspoken technical leaders with grit, a positive attitude, and a high degree of empathy when vocalizing their opinions concerning technical decisions.
- Proactive collaborators and excellent communicators that lead by influence and work well with multiple teams to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance.
- Curious and ready to help across the team and learn new skills.
- Inclusive-minded and desire to help shape our unique and constantly improving culture.
What Sets You Apart
You will be responsible for driving web platform initiatives to completion in collaboration with your peers and cross-functional partners.
To learn more about engineering at Netflix, check out our YouTube engineering channel.