Senior Manager Payments - EMEA
Streaming – Payments
With 100+ million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture that’s focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading innovative payment solutions for the world’s biggest Internet TV network, serving over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
We are looking for a seasoned payments expert to contribute in guiding the company into the future growth. This role will reside in Amsterdam and will report to the Director, Payments EMEA. The role will be part of a team that is responsible for developing and implementing the company’s consumer payments strategy in Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal, Italy and beyond), and for managing its relationships with payment partners in the region. The role will be focused on expanding the company’s ability to process consumer payment transactions and improving the payment infrastructure in these markets.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing strategies for offering relevant payment methods to consumers
- Identifying and driving payment optimization initiatives with internal and external partners
- Building and maintaining relationships with business partners across the region which include banks, card schemes, and acquirers
- Working cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement consumer payments solutions
- Monitoring and reporting on the evolution of key metrics with the region; detection of anomalies and escalation to appropriate stakeholders
- Strong regional expertise in Southern Europe including Spain, Italy, and Portugal along with the broader EMEA experience.
- Proven experience in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
- Prior experience managing CNP (card not present) payment processing in an e-commerce environment, including relationship management with card schemes, card issuers and acquirers
- Significant industry knowledge of global CNP (card not present) payment processing, recurring billing, and e-commerce
- Experience working and negotiating with external business partners and vendors, including price negotiation and contract management
Qualifications and skills:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity, focuses on generating results, and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Highly analytical with ability to make data-driven decisions; possesses excellent business/ financial analysis skills and the ability to translate identified opportunities into a strategic plan
- Effective communicator, business proficiency in additional European languages required (ideally Spanish and/or Italian)
- Comfort with engaging in both business and technical discussions
- Strong initiative for anticipating and meeting business demands
- Self-motivated, comfortable with ambiguity, organized, and able to work autonomously
- Strong project management and collaboration skills to lead cross-functional virtual teams
- Willingness to travel (25%)