Fremont, CA /
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As an Equipment Engineer at Neuralink, you will install, repair, and maintain a broad range of semiconductor equipment. You will troubleshoot, modify, and upgrade existing equipment. Systems include high vacuum systems, pumping systems, associated valves, manifolds, and control systems, corrosive and toxic gas delivery systems. You will work with the process engineering team and vendors to ensure equipment is performing to specification. We are looking for a well rounded, mechanically inclined team member who enjoys working on unique projects that will push them outside their comfort zone.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in a technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical repair.
- 5+ years of equipment maintenance/engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with corrosive and toxic gas delivery systems.
- Experience with semiconductor processing equipment and facilities including preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic circuit, programmable controllers (PLC/PC), vacuum pumps, gas delivery systems, and robotic systems.
- Experience with equipment for plasma processing, electron-beam or ion-beam processing, laser processing, vapor deposition, photolithography, metrology, or additive manufacturingExperience with CAD drawings and schematics.
- Proactive about maximizing equipment performance (utilization and yield).
- Electrician certification.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.