Animal Care Specialist
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Neuralink is seeking motivated animal care specialists who thrive working in a fast-paced research environment. Animal care specialists in this role will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to support the research and development of brain machine interfaces in animal models. Staff in this role will perform animal husbandry, administer treatments, perform experiments, and assist in surgical procedures.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in a science related field.
- 3+ years of academic or industry experience working with research animals.
- Experience in animal husbandry.
- Comfortable working closely with animals in a research environment.
- Experience administering pharmaceuticals to rodents.
- Experience administering anesthesia to rodents.
- A dedicated team player who thrives in a fast-paced team-focused environment.
- Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) Certification.
- Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) Certification.
- Experience performing invasive surgery on research animals.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.