Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
The Materials Engineer role at Neuralink is a mix of materials development and device characterization and testing. You will develop methods to integrate new materials into assembly and manufacturing processes. Development may include electroplating, paste formulation, and surface modifications. You will work with a team to design experiments and build high throughput equipment for accelerated stress (electrical and electrochemical) testing.
You will be contributing to the development of high density, reliable neural interfaces that are at the ground level of brain-computer-interfaces. This is a unique opportunity to work closely in a multi-disciplinary team and in an environment where you have direct impact to the final product.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in material science, chemical engineering, electrochemistry or related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with testing and development and electrochemical systems.
- Experience with failure analysis methods, FMEA.
- Experience assembling lab instrumentation for electrical, electrochemical analysis.
- Working knowledge of standard electrical equipment, data acquisition systems, and user interfaces.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.