Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As a facilities engineer at Neuralink, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and modifying the cleanroom infrastructure. In this role, you will inspect, maintain, monitor, install, and repair MEP systems and utilities (e.g., process cooling water lines/hoses, process exhaust, electrical hookups, CDA vacuum). You will recommend and implement creative design changes to improve facility performance and reliability. You will maintain compliance with applicable regulations, permits, and internal company policies/programs. We are looking for an energetic, creative team member who enjoys working on unique projects that will push them outside their comfort zone.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- 5+ years of hands-on manufacturing facilities experience (i.e HVAC, Process cooling water systems, etc.)
- Experience maintaining and deploying infrastructure for uptime-sensitive manufacturing applications.
- Effective and timely communication with internal and external partners.
- Strong mechanical intuition and basic knowledge of electronics and wiring practices.
- 2D CAD experience for simple parts or test to fit analysis.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
- Experience with the safe storage, handling, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Vacuum, semiconductor, or chemical processing experience.
- UHP gas panel and gas cylinder changeout experience.
- Operation and maintenance of waste treatment systems.
- Familiarity with building-wide life safety systems.
- Construction management experience building complex facilities involving technical risk.
- Proficiency with manual fabrication and basic machine shop tools.
- Orbital welding experience.
- GMP documentation experience.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.