Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Neuralink is seeking a motivated individual for the role of Histology Technician, with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and under supervision to validate a variety of materials and methods. He/she will help develop high throughput processes for slice preparation, detection methods, and data curation. He/she will provide timely, constructive feedback to teams across multiple disciplines.
Primary Job Duties:
Specimen processing: Grossing, dissection, microtomy (frozen specimens), mounting sections on slides. (50%)
Immunohistochemistry and Staining: Multi-channel immunostaining, and special stains. (25%)
Imaging and Analysis: Imaging with optical microscopy, performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis. (10%)
Laboratory Maintenance: Maintaining laboratory equipment, preparing reagents, performing quality control tests, keeping records and inventories. (10%)
Other duties, including participating in feedback and coordinating with other teams. (5%)
- BA/BS in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or a related field, with 2+ years of laboratory experience.
- 1+ years of Histology and Immunohistochemistry experience and knowledge of basic/fundamental histology and troubleshooting principles
- Ability to carry out and document experiments consistently, according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Experience with brightfield and fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with or knowledge of a variety of routine and specialized histology and detection techniques
- Experience with image analysis using ImageJ or other quantification tools
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Experience working in a GLP setting
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.