Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
As a Mechanical Specialist you will work first hand on the construction of one of the largest and most sophisticated biotechnology facilities in the world. You will work hands on with minor demolitions and the operations of both large and small fragile assemblies. This includes reading and interpreting technical drawings, following detailed work instructions, and using mechanical tools without instruction. You will work closely with engineers to collaborate, develop, and document activities to ensure all production services are preformed on time, safely, and in a professional manner. You will perform work and other related duties, as assigned, to continuously develop and improve state-of-the-art systems that are central to Neuralink’s mission.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years in construction (under a General Contractor/specialized trade) or structures assembly.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports.
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted, climb ladders, and be comfortable working in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, over time, and weekends as needed.
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.