Software Engineer, Backend
Neuralink is developing ultra high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers.
We’re building a team of multidisciplinary experts, passionate about making a world changing impact, to design, fabricate, and test next-generation medical robotics.
About the role:
- Architect the back end of data storage and processing infrastructure for our custom software.
- Make above data available for internal neuroscience and neural engineering team members for further analysis.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting code, but in the end you know that what matters is delivering reliable code that works.
- You are a cross disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from neuroscientists and nanotechnologists.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Fluency in multiple major programming languages such as C++, Java or Python.
- Experience with Linux development environment.
- Knowledge of a range of database and message queue technologies: PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4J, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ.
- Experience working in high frequency trading, ads optimization, or aerospace.
- Experience working with robotics, like Open Source Robotics Foundation, Savioke etc.
- Experience with CUDA
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsize impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Lunch and snacks while at work.
- Stock options.