Software Engineer, Backend
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Fluency in multiple major programming languages such as C++, Java or Python.
- Experience with Linux development environment.
- Extensive experience building backend APIs.
- Knowledge of a range of database and message queue technologies: PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4J, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ.
- Experience working in high frequency trading, ads optimization, or aerospace.
- Foundation, Savioke etc.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.