Hardware Systems Engineer (PCB/EE/Firmware)
Neuralink is developing ultra high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We’re building a team of multidisciplinary experts and doers who are dedicated to changing the world.
Neuralink is looking for an experienced, hands-on hardware engineer for systems design and integration. This engineer will be responsible for PCB design, layout, and bring-up, which will involve FPGA development. The ideal candidates are people who get excited about building things, are highly analytical, and enjoy tackling new problems regularly. Our robotics integrate actuated devices with microelectromechanical systems as well as novel surgical procedures.
- You excel at your strengths (whether that is PCB layout, firmware, electronics, fabrication or something else)
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from neuroscientists and nanotechnologists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
Technical nice to haves:
- (We are growing a diverse team of engineers, so no one person has to have all of these!)
- Fluency in Cadence, Allegro, or Altium tools and/or experience with other PCB design tools and methodology.
- Extensive experience with all phases of development, including, schematic entry, constraints, board layout, vendor engagement, etc.
- Experience working with high-speed layout, signal / power integrity, and power management for PCB design.
- Extensive experience with FPGA.
- Experience with high-data rate communication standards and wireless communication.
- Microelectromechanical systems.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest people you will ever meet.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance people who have an outsize impact.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Lunch and snacks while at work
- Competitive pay and stock options