Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
The Purchaser at Neuralink oversees sourcing activities and suppliers relations. As of January 2019, this role managed a budget of millions of dollars and thousands of purchase orders. The person in this role will be expected to demonstrate growth and judgment as the budget and purchasing needs evolve.
This role works closely with finance, operations, facilities, and the rest of the purchasing team to process orders, inventory supplies, track orders and deliveries, interact with vendors, negotiate price and implement internal material tracking systems. Similarly, the person in this role will be expected to optimize process and seek out cost-saving and time-saving measures wherever possible.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Evidence of exceptional ability in purchasing management, supply chain management, business administration or related field preferred.
- Must have strong customer service spirit, project planning, and project management skills with a drive to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in GSuite tools.
- 1-2 years of experience with contract negotiations and administration in tech, biotech, or medical environment.
- Strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Hands-on experience with analyzing data and converting it into actionable strategies and tasks.
- Ability to work independently once given clear direction
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Meals provided.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.