Embedded Systems & Firmware Engineer
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
About the role:
Join the implant systems team and be part of an elite team of engineers working on high-performance, safety-critical embedded systems for the next-generation brain-machine interfaces. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on engineer who is interested in exploring what's possible in highly power and latency constrained environment. You will own advanced projects, not only working on incremental changes, and be an integral member of a small, fast-moving team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with chip designers, EEs, algorithms, and software engineers.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting design, but in the end you know that what matters is delivering reliable manufacturable solutions.
- You are a cross disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from neuroscientists and nanotechnologists.
- 2+ years of experience with safety-critical embedded systems.
- Proficient in C/C++, Python.
- Knowledge of MCU architectures, peripherals, and development environments.
- Comfortable reading schematics and datasheets.
- Deep knowledge of the embedded toolchains and workflow.
- Strong EE fundamentals and HW/SW debugging skills with lab equipment.
- Experience with embedded stacks for ARM cores.
- Experience with Linux kernel and system programming.
- Prior work or experience pushing embedded systems through FDA approval process.
- Experience with FPGA development and testing.
- Experience with RF, BLE, TCP/IP stacks from a practical embedded perspectives.
- Prior work or experience with cryptography and embedded systems and IoT security.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth Potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance through a PPO plan.
- Lunch and snacks while at work.
- Stock options.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.